Cook’s wants to remind you that January is Radon Awareness Month. And we’re here to help reinforce EPA guidelines for eliminating radon from your home or office.
Five Things You Can Do During National Radon Awareness Month
- Test your home – EPA and the U.S. Surgeon General recommend that all homes in the U.S. be tested for radon. Testing is easy and inexpensive.
- Learn more about testing your home, including how to obtain an easy-to-use test kit.
- Attend a National Radon Action Month event in your area – Look for radon events in your community.
- Spread the word
- Spend time during National Radon Action Month encouraging others to learn about radon and test their homes.
- Tell your family and friends about the health risk of radon. Encourage them to test their homes.
- Plan an activity in your community to help raise awareness.
- Write an op-ed or letter to the editor using samples from the event planning resources.
- Attract media attention by working with a local official to get a radon proclamation.
- View or order EPA’s free radon publications.
- Buy a radon-resistant home – If you are considering buying a new home, look for builders who use radon-resistant new construction. Read more about radon-resistant new construction, “Building Radon Out: A Step-by-Step Guide to Build Radon-Resistant Homes“.
- Build Green: It’s Easy to Build New Homes Radon-Resistant …”The good news is you can build your customers a safer, healthier, radon-resistant home. The techniques to prevent radon from entering a home are practical and straightforward for any builder. It’s an inexpensive way to offer families a benefit that could reduce their risk of lung cancer. And it’s a smart way to build trust between you and your customer.” Fuad Reveiz, Member of the National Association of Home Builders
First Step – Get Tested
Detecting radon is the first step. Because you can’t see it, smell it or touch it, radon is a silent and very deadly gas. Don’t take chances with your the health and welfare of your family. Contact Cook’s Radon today to get a Radon test kit and have your home tested for radon. We know how to check for radon gas.
Have More Questions?
Call Cook’s Radon today to schedule a Free consultation and analysis. Get more information and a Free test kit today. Get a Radon Test Kit Here
Call (770) 652-1101
Cook’s Radon – Help Us Spread the Word about Radon Awareness Month